- This Privacy Statement details NextCuppa’s policy regarding any personal information you might supply to us via the NextCuppa website at www.nextcuppa.com (Website), and how the information may be used.
- This Privacy Statement applies to and should be read in conjunction with the Website Terms and Conditions of Use which are available on the Website. By viewing and using the Website or the App you will be deemed to have agreed to the matters described in this Privacy Statement.
- NextCuppa is entitled, at its sole discretion, to amend, add or remove any part of this Privacy Statement at any time without notice. You should periodically review this Privacy Statement to ensure that you are up to date with any such amendments, additions or removals.
Collection of personal information
- NextCuppa collects and holds information about you when you provide it to us. NextCuppa primarily collects personal information from you (including information such as your name and email address) through written and electronic means of communication when you interact with us. This may occur when you subscribe to our newsletter, log in to or register for a NextCuppa account, enter a competition or send us an email or post on our Website or one of our social media platforms/accounts.
- Information sent by your web browser may be automatically collected. This information typically includes your domain name (i.e. the site after the @ in your e-mail address). It may also contain your user name (i.e. the name before the @ in your e-mail address). Other examples of information collected by our server include the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, operating system and platform, the average time spent on the Website, pages viewed, information searched for, access time, websites visited before and other relevant statistics. The amount of information sent depends on the settings you have on your web browser.
- You may also choose to communicate with NextCuppa anonymously or using a pseudonym, however doing so may also affect NextCuppa’s ability to provide you with products, services or benefit and may prevent or process any payments or requests.
Use and disclosure of personal information
- NextCuppa may use your personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected. This purpose will be a purpose that is reasonably expected at the time of collection and may be specified in a privacy collection statement at the point of collection. NextCuppa may also use your personal information for a secondary related purpose. By submitting your personal information, you consent to NextCuppa using it to:
- provide you with products and services (both our own and those of other entities) that may be of interest to you;
- collect payments and/or administer your account;
- provide you with updated or new information about products and services (both our own and those of other entities);
- monitor online activity on the Website or App;
- conduct competitions;
- develop existing and new NextCuppa products and services;
- maintain and update our business infrastructure, databases and systems;
- promote our and our suppliers’ other products and services to you; and
- do any other act or thing required or authorised by law.
- In providing our products and services or collecting and using your personal information, we may be required to disclose some of your personal information to third party organisations, including:
- outsourced service providers and their personnel;
- third parties authorised by you to receive personal information held by us;
- our legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors;
- regulatory, government and other authorities as required by law; and our related organisations.
- All information sent by your web browser will be used only to assist us for the purposes of providing an effective service on the Website or App. We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third party websites from which it is possible to link to the Website or App with information relating to the number of users linking to the Website from such third party website. You will not personally be identifiable from this information.
- NextCuppa may use the information that it automatically receives from your web browser to see which pages you visit within the Website or App, which website you visited before coming to ours, and where you go after you leave. NextCuppa can then develop statistics that are helpful in understanding how our visitors use the Website or App. We may use this information to measure the use of the Website or App and to administer and improve the Website or App. Once aggregated for statistical purposes, you will not be personally identified from this information. This statistical data is interpreted by NextCuppa in its continuing effort to present the Website and App content that visitors are seeking in a format they find most helpful.
Will you receive direct marketing?
- If you provide us with your personal information and you consent to receiving direct marketing communications from NextCuppa, you authorise us to send you promotional messages and materials related to NextCuppa’s products and services, unless you submit a later request not to receive direct marketing communications.
- NextCuppa’s direct marketing messages and materials will contain a prominent statement (including, for electronic messages, a functional unsubscribe facility) that you may request not to receive direct marketing communications.
Will your information be disclosed overseas?
- NextCuppa is unlikely to disclose your personal information to any person or entity outside Australia, but will inform you if and when this is necessary.
- NextCuppa may store some information on your computer such as cookies when you visit the Website or App. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to the hard drive of a visitor’s computer for record-keeping purposes. This information facilitates your use of the Website and App. You can erase or choose to block this information from your computer if you want to. Erasing or blocking such information may limit the range of features available to you on the Website or App.
- NextCuppa will take reasonable steps to ensure the security of any information you provide to us.
- NextCuppa will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
Links to other sites
- You may be able to access other sites external to the Website or App by clicking on links that have been provided throughout the Website or App. NextCuppa is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites. As these sites are not part of NextCuppa, you will need to contact the organisation/institution that administers the site directly to obtain information about their privacy statement or policy.
Contacting us / Complaints
- You generally have the right to access personal information we hold about you subject to the restrictions provided by law. We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you have a complaint in relation to the collection, use or and disclosure of your personal information, please contact NextCuppa via the details provided below. NextCuppa will review all complaints received and respond to each complainant upon due consideration (which may require further information to be provided).
- If you are concerned about our use of your personal information, or if you would like to review or change the information you have supplied us with, please email us at email@example.com with the subject line, “Privacy”. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for access to this information.